ABOUT US | HR&A advises public, private, non-profit, and civic clients on how to increase opportunity and improve quality of life in cities. We believe in creating vital places, building more equitable and resilient communities, and improving people’s lives. HR&A helps clients turn vision into action by analyzing, strategizing, and implementing solutions to solve some of the most complex challenges facing cities today, such as climate change, affordable housing, broadband access, and workforce development.
HR&A has offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Raleigh, and Washington D.C. We are former city officials, non-profit executives, developers, planners, lawyers, architects, and economists from a variety of backgrounds, nationalities, and life experiences.
You can learn more about our work here.
THE ROLE | HR&A seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant for our New York office. Reporting to the Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant will provide a broad variety of administrative support to the office staff and several senior managers/executives. Duties will include:
- Provides high-level administrative support to Partners and Senior Advisors, and ad-hoc projects for their respective project teams or practices.
- Arranges travel and accommodations and manages detailed travel itineraries.
- Manages in-demand executive calendars and scheduling
- Updates timekeeping in Salesforce
- Facilitation of communications with internal team, clients, and external parties.
General Office and Front Desk Support
- Provides various administrative support to the Office Manager, and backup administrative support for other members of the team during absences, holidays, etc.
- Manages the administrative inbox, a general repository for various email requests.
- Manages the front desk reception, such as answering phones, welcoming employees and visitors, sorting and distributing mail, and preparing print documents and deliverables.
- Maintains inventory of office and kitchen supplies; orders new supplies as needed.
- Performs or facilitates maintenance of office equipment, including cleaning, maintenance, and repairs.
- Support planning & management for all in-house meetings & events, including coordination of any IT and catering need requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS REQUIRED |
- Experience working with executives in a fast-paced, dynamic professional environment.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (including MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) are required.
- Experience supporting management and senior leadership in an administrative capacity.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and must follow through on projects to successful completion.
- Have outstanding organizational and time management skills, and the capacity to manage and multi-task.
- The ability to think independently, act entrepreneurially, learn quickly, and pay attention to details.
- The ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED | A college degree or an equivalent education, plus 2-3 years of work experience supporting Senior Management/Executives.
COMPENSATION | We offer competitive compensation packages, based on qualifications and experience. We are an employee-owned company, meaning you will have the opportunity to benefit from the firm’s growth over time through participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Each year, the firm will contribute funds to this long-term wealth-building account, and may make contributions to other retirement accounts. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package that goes well beyond coverage of 90-95% of healthcare premiums, dental and vision coverage.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, competitive team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBT community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document (maximum of 2 pages) at https://hraadvisors.applytojob.com/apply/. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications without a cover lever will not be reviewed.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com. Please do not call regarding this position.