ABOUT US | HR&A Advisors, Inc. (HR&A) is an industry-leading real estate, economic development, and public policy consulting firm that helps create more equitable, resilient, and dynamic communities. Our work turns vision into action through rigorous analysis, strategy development, and implementation planning.
HR&A professionals come from a variety of backgrounds and have a breadth of lived experiences. We are former city officials, planners, architects, lawyers, and economists. We are passionate about increasing the vitality of urban life.
HR&A is proud to be an employee-owned company and is committed to building a diverse workforce while centering issues of equity and inclusion in the work that we do.
For more information, visit our website at www.hraadvisors.com.
ABOUT YOU | You are an excellent communicator with strong organizational skills and a background helping teams stay organized. You want to have an impact with the work that you do.
You will bring a capacity for critical thinking, creativity, and collaboration, and are excited to support projects and processes that help our teams solve the difficult challenges cities face today.
THE ROLE | We are seeking a full-time Operations Coordinator in our New York office to support the Broadband & Digital Equity (BDE) Practice. The BDE Practice serves as an extension of state and local governments’ broadband and digital equity efforts to design and manage large-scale programs to close the digital divide.
The Operations Coordinator will work alongside our Growth, People, and Operations (GPO) functions to support the Practice’s daily management and operations including:
- Managing workflows and approval processes for all BDE Practice contracts including payment terms, compliance, legal review, and submission of required forms;
- Creating client invoices and managing accounts receivable records in coordination with HR&A’s accounting team to ensure accuracy and timely payment;
- Coordinating the use of vendor and subcontractor licenses and contracts across multiple BDE projects;
- Tracking and approving subcontractor and vendor invoices including determining cost allocations for invoices across multiple projects and workstreams;
- Maintaining and updating tracking dashboards related to accounting, utilization, and cost allocation;
- Creating and distributing meeting agendas. Documenting and organizing meeting notes;
- Coordinating, prioritizing, and scheduling meeting requests from clients, staff, and vendors;
- Maintaining database of contacts for clients, subcontractors, vendors, and industry partners; and,
- Fulfilling general administrative duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE – SKILLS – ABILITIES | Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate experience, skills, or abilities in the following areas.
- Experience working with senior level executives in a fast-paced, dynamic professional environment.
- Experience in managing complex calendar schedules and travel arrangements.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Proficiency in record keeping, basic accounting, and auditing.
- Ability to review and manage complex contract structures and processes.
- Ability to forecast and prioritize needs.
- Ability to handle matters proactively, expeditiously, and judiciously.
- Proven ability to follow-through on tasks or projects and perform quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) measures.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multitask.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (including MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) are required.
- Capacity to take initiative and work independently.
- Event coordination experience is preferred.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS | Two to three years of work experience supporting business management. An associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred. Professional services firm experience is also preferred.
HYBRID WORK POLICY | HR&A fosters a collaborative and flexible work environment through our hybrid work policy. Employees work from the office at least two days a week which allows individuals the freedom to balance their professional and personal lives while maintaining a strong connection to their teams.
COMPENSATION | The base salary range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000. Where an offer falls inside this pay range is dependent on experience. We offer competitive compensation packages, based on qualifications and experience. We are an employee-owned company, meaning you will have the opportunity to benefit from the firm’s growth over time through participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Each year. The firm will contribute funds to this long-term wealth-building account and may make contributions to other retirement accounts. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package that goes well beyond coverage of 90-95% of healthcare premiums, including dental and vision coverage.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, and high performing team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBT community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, click here. Please submit your cover letter and your resume as a single PDF document. Applications without this requested cover letter will not be reviewed.
As part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that mitigates bias and is based on candidate merit and performance, we ask that you submit a version of your resume and essay that has your school information removed. Please list your degree, e.g., B.A. Economics; however, remove all references to undergraduate and graduate schools you have attended.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.