ABOUT US | HR&A Advisors, Inc. (HR&A) is an industry-leading real estate, economic development, and public policy consulting firm that helps create more equitable, resilient, and dynamic communities. Our work turns vision into action through rigorous analysis, strategy development, and implementation planning. HR&A professionals come from a variety of backgrounds; we are former city officials, lawyers, planners, architects, and economists. We are passionate about increasing the vitality of urban life.
HR&A is proud to be an employee-owned company and is committed to building a diverse workforce while centering issues of equity and inclusion in the work that we do. In 2020, we convened an Anti-Racism Task Force to lead the development of internal equity initiatives and strategies to incorporate equity more effectively into our client work; this work is ongoing.
For more information, visit our website at www.hraadvisors.com.
THE ROLE | HR&A seeks a full-time Accounting Coordinator to support HR&A’s accounting department in our New York City office. The Accounting Coordinator’s primary role is in the Accounts Payable workflow, assisting with bookkeeping and recording of vendor bills, staff T&E transactions, and other payables, but also crosses into Accounts Receivable workflow, e.g., supporting the AR team with client invoicing. The Accounting Coordinator will report to the Accounting Manager and the Director of Finance and will also work closely with other staff on various accounting initiatives.
- Maintain accurate AP vendor information, compliance, and annual reporting.
- Data entry and quality control of invoices into company software system.
- Receive and process all incoming invoices. Ensure they are properly coded, scanned, and archived.
- Obtain appropriate invoice approval and submit new vendor requests and obtain W9s or W8s.
- Responsible for AP data input and integrity and enforcing the company mandated invoice approval and payment processes.
- Assist in the internal documenting and processing of monthly credit card statements, and corporate vendor account reconciliations including Uber, Lyft, Egencia, and Seamless.
- Audit and process employee expense reports.
- Assist with preparation and audit of weekly check runs, and monthly AR Aging report.
- Aid in the preparation of annual 1099s.
- Respond to all vendor AP and client AR inquiries.
- Support invoice generation and receivables collection.
- Collaborate with project managers to facilitate project invoicing and accounts receivable.
- Perform other accounting-related duties as assigned or requested.
Experience Required | Candidate must be knowledgeable in Finance/Accounting principles (Debits/Credits/Expense Recognition Principles/Accrual Based Accounting), be detail oriented, possess excellent organizational skills, and be proficient in QuickBooks, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Minimum of two years of previous general ledger accounti.ng or bookkeeping experience with a focus on accounts payable or accounts receivable.
- Firm grasp of debit and credits accounting terminology including natural balance side of Asset, Liability and Equity accounts.
- Experience working with financial systems (accounting, billing, budgeting) in a professional services firm is preferred.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, detail orientated, and the ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, conditional formatting).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Experience with ERP Systems, preference for Sage Intacct and SAP Concur.
Key Expectations | Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Two years of previous general ledger accounting or AP and AR bookkeeping experience is preferred. The ideal candidate should be a reliable, punctual, highly motivated and responsible individual with a strong capacity to work independently, and who can handle a fast-paced work environment with poise and maturity. We seek a candidate who is a highly motivated, responsible individual with a strong capacity to work independently and who can handle a fast-paced work environment with poise and maturity.
- Demonstrated Time Management and Organizational Skills.
- Exceptional accuracy, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Capacity to multi-task and adjust priorities to meet deadlines on short notice.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to act as a team player and work with a cross-functional team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills with the aptitude to work successfully in partnership with operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- At least one year working with Sage Intacct or SAP Concur platforms.
Compensation | The base salary range for this position is $55,000 – $60,000. We offer competitive compensation packages, based on qualifications and experience. We are an employee-owned company, meaning you will have the opportunity to benefit from the firm’s growth over time through participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Each year, the firm will contribute funds to this long-term wealth-building account and may make contributions to other retirement accounts. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package that goes well beyond coverage of 90-95% of healthcare premiums, dental and vision coverage.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, competitive team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBT community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume on HR&A’s website at http://test-hraadvisors.pantheonsite.io/career-opportunities/. Applications without a cover lever will not be reviewed.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.