on Oct 26, 2015
HR&A President and DC Partner Discuss TOD at Rail~Volution 2015
HR&A is proud to participate at Rail~Volution, an annual conference dedicated to catalyzing livable communities through transit and transit-oriented development (TOD) on October 25th-28th in Dallas, Texas. The annual conference brings together over 1,000 planners, transit officials, consultants, developers, lenders, community stakeholders, non-profit organizations, academics, elected officials, health advocates and housing advocates to share the most cutting edge information in their fields. HR&A President Eric Rothman and Partner, Stan Wall, will both participate in panel discussions at this year’s conference.
On Tuesday, October 27 from 10-11:30 am, HR&A President Eric Rothman will moderate a panel titled “Financing Equitable TOD Shouldn’t Make You Nervous”. This panel will focus on how public officials and developers have utilized financing tools and policies to ensure that transit-oriented development projects provide and preserve affordable housing near transit. Eric and an esteemed group of panelists will use insights and examples that have worked to show how the financial puzzle can be solved. Other panelists will include:
- Ryan Tobin, Director of Real Estate Development, Denver Housing Authority, Denver, Colorado;
- Dan Lofgren, Principal, Cowboy Partners, Salt Lake City, Utah;
- Amy Rowland, Field Director, National Development Council, Salt Lake City, Utah; and
- Sherman Roberts, President and Chief Executive Officer, City Wide Community Development Corporation, Dallas, Texas.
Also on Tuesday from 2-3:30pm HR&A Partner Stan Wall, will contribute to a panel titled “Finding the Value, Capturing it and Putting it to Work”. As the former Director of Real Estate and Station Planning at the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), Stan will discuss how the organization captured value for the transit system through its development program using several key projects as case studies. Other panelists include:
- Sean Brooks, Manager of Real Estate and Property Development, San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District, Oakland, California (Moderator);
- Dan Bower, Executive Director, Portland Streetcar, Inc., Portland, Oregon; and
- Albert Hernandez, PE, Assistant Director Engineering, Planning and Development, Miami Dade Transit, Miami, Florida.
HR&A is particularly excited to participate in this year’s Rail~volution conference as it’s hosted in Dallas, just blocks away from our newest office. Please reach out to Eric Rothman or Stan Wall if you plan on attending – we would love to connect!