ABOUT US | HR&A Advisors, Inc. (HR&A) is an industry-leading real estate, economic development, and public policy consulting firm that helps create more equitable, resilient, and dynamic communities. Our work turns vision into action through rigorous analysis, strategy development, and implementation planning. HR&A professionals come from a variety of backgrounds; we are former city officials, lawyers, planners, architects, and economists. We are passionate about increasing the vitality of urban life.
HR&A is proud to be an employee-owned company and is committed to building a diverse workforce while centering issues of equity and inclusion in the work that we do. For more information, review our 2022 progress report. For more information, visit our website at
THE ROLE | Administrative Coordinator, Broadband & Digital Equity (Part-time, Long-term Contractor)
HR&A is structured around practices that address many of the challenges facing cities today. Our Broadband & Digital Equity (BDE) Practice serves as an extension of state and local governments’ broadband and digital equity efforts to design and manage large-scale programs to close the digital divide, funded largely by historic investments from the federal government. The BDE Administrative Coordinator will work alongside our Growth, People, and Operations functions to support the Practice’s daily management and operations including:
- Managing workflows and approval processes for all BDE Practice contracts including payment terms, compliance, legal review, and submission of required forms
- Creating client invoices and managing accounts receivable records in coordination with HR&A’s accounting team to ensure accuracy and timely payment
- Coordinating the use of vendor and subcontractor licenses and contracts across multiple BDE projects
- Tracking and approving subcontractor and vendor invoices including determining cost allocations for invoices across multiple projects and workstreams
- Handling all scheduling for Senior Leaders by fielding and prioritizing meeting requests from clients, staff, and vendors
- Maintaining database of contacts for clients, subcontractors, vendors, and industry partners
- Maintaining and updating tracking dashboards related to accounting, utilization, and cost allocation
This is a part-time (approximately 30 hours per week) contractor role with benefits through our employer of record, Magnit. Ideal candidates have exceptional attention to detail, proficiency with working across multiple projects, experience managing complex projects, accounting, and auditing processes, and outstanding communication skills.
SKILLS REQUIRED |
- Experience working with executives in a fast-paced, dynamic professional environment
- Experience in managing complex calendar schedules and travel arrangements
- Proficiency with record keeping, basic accounting, and auditing
- Ability to review and manage complex contract structures and processes
- Ability to forecast and prioritize needs
- Ability to handle matters proactively, expeditiously, and judiciously
- Must-have ability to follow-through on tasks or projects, perform quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC), and advance them on behalf of the senior leaders
- Have outstanding organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multitask
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (including MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) are required.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Event coordination skills preferred
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS | Two-three years of work experience supporting management. An associate or bachelor’s degree is preferred. Professional services firm (consulting) experience is preferred.
COMPENSATION | The hourly rate for this role is $29 to $35 an hour commensurate with experience. This position is a part-time temporary contractor role for a maximum of three years that works alongside HR&A teams, where employment is via HR&A’s employment partner, Magnit. Magnit benefits include health and wellness benefits and paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, competitive team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBT community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please visit HR&A’s website at https://www.hraadvisors.com/contractor-roles/
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and HR&A is looking to fill the positions as soon as possible.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.