The Broadband Equity Partnership is a mission-driven consultancy and program management team, empowering communities to shape their broadband future. Powered by HR&A Advisors and CTC Technology & Energy, we bring together a diverse national network of senior leaders and analysts. We take a transdisciplinary approach to:
- helping local governments understand issues of digital disparity in their communities;
- designing programs that promote broadband access, affordability, and adoption;
- structuring public-private partnerships to reshape the broadband marketplace; and
- redesigning governance systems to secure a more equitable digital future.
We work with visionary governments, nonprofits, and businesses who share our mission. We have primary offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC, with a presence in several other cities around the country.
The Broadband Equity Partnership is seeking full-time summer fellows to work to close the digital divide in communities across the country. This is a great opportunity to learn about how foundational equitable broadband policies and investments are to inclusive economic development, education, healthcare, civic life, and more. As a fellow, you will be assigned to an ongoing broadband project and help the team with varied tasks. Day-to-day tasks may include market analysis; case study research; economic and financial analysis; geospatial analysis; and public policy analysis. Fellows may also help prepare written reports, presentations, Excel models, and other deliverables for clients, as well as BEP marketing materials and proposals for new business.
Work may be conducted remotely, however, candidates based in New York, Los Angeles, or Washington, D.C. would be able to work from HR&A offices.
Successful candidates will:
- Be a current graduate student or a graduate student who will complete their degree in spring 2022 (with preference for those with concentrations in urban planning, public policy, data science, or related fields);
- Have passion for, or demonstrated interest in, urban development and policy, public-private partnerships, broadband infrastructure and technology, digital equity, and/or closing the digital divide;
- Have strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills; and
- Have a desire to help build and learn about the Broadband Equity Partnership’s consulting and program management practice by supporting engagements and participating in fellowship program events.
Timeline: Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm EST on March 15, 2022. Interviews will take place between mid-March to mid-April. Accepted fellows will be notified by late April and will begin their summer work on June 1, 2022. The fellowship is anticipated to run until August 15, 2022. Start and end dates can be flexible based on candidate availability.
Fellows who have completed their degree programs may be considered for transition into a full-time role at HR&A Advisors upon successful completion of the fellowship.
Compensation: BEP Summer Fellows will be paid a stipend of $6,000 per month ($15,000 for the full 2.5-month fellowship).
Apply: To learn more and to apply visit https://www.broadbandequity.org/careers. The application process will consist of three interviews, submission of work samples, and a brief assessment.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will be discarded. Please limit your resume and cover letter to one page each.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g., “B.A. Economics”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.