HR&A is an industry leader in providing comprehensive real estate strategies to unlock value and create vibrant places.
For 40 years, the firm has created imaginative and practical solutions to a broad range of development challenges, including analysis of market and financial feasibility, planning, approvals, deal structuring, and financing of complex urban and large-scale developments.
HR&A takes a rigorous approach to understanding market potential and development feasibility.
Our understanding of market dynamics—from both a local and regional perspective—combined with analytical tools and data sources, allows us to provide the best possible service to our clients. We help our clients turn potential opportunities into financially feasible development programs and phasing strategies for a broad mix of uses, from traditional residential and retail development to niche market cultural and other unique products.
HR&A provides a full suite of real estate development services.
We provide critical thinking for development projects, advice to public, private, not-for-profit, and institutional clients—including municipal governments, counties, quasi-public agencies, BIDs, large medical centers, universities, foundations, public development authorities, private owners, building portfolio managers, national developers, performing arts centers, and museums—to unlock potential and transform assets and places.
HR&A creates coordinated real estate strategies to unlock value in underutilized assets.
We help clients identify short, medium and long term actions that, in execution, support organizational missions while creating value from their real estate portfolios. We recommend solutions that are flexible enough to respond to changing market conditions and evolution of our clients’ long term strategies.
HR&A structures innovative public-private development partnerships to unlock financing opportunities.
We help our clients identify, engage and collaborate with partners to fully recognize the value of real estate, share market risk, and fund important infrastructure investments in order to successfully advance projects. We understand how to leverage private sector motivations, public sector goals, and local, state and federal dollars.
HR&A has four decades of experience leading successful large-scale development projects.
We are able to navigate complex regulatory environments in order to achieve project implementation. We have managed multidisciplinary teams through the pre-master planning and master planning phases, from identifying and soliciting additional team members, to leading rezoning proposals, to engaging public sector officials and community leaders to attain development approvals.
- Anacostia Waterfront Framework Initiative
- Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Catalytic Real Estate Development in San Antonio’s Promise Zone
- Downtown Cincinnati Revitalization
- Fulton Center Implementation & Retail Strategy
- Green Lease Forum
- Konza Technology City Development Plan
- Los Angeles Homeless Housing Program
- Menil Collection Neighborhood Preservation and Development
- NBC Universal Evolution Plan
- Philadelphia’s Delaware Waterfront & Penn’s Landing
- Research Triangle Park
- Revitalizing the Toronto Waterfront
- Strategic Plan to Reposition the Brooklyn Tech Triangle
- The High Line Transformation
- Transaction Structure & Negotiations for the Newseum
- Union Depot Redevelopment & Activation
- Wilshire Grand Redevelopment
- American Society of Landscape Architects, Award of Excellence in Analysis and Planning, Penn’s Landing Redevelopment Feasibility Study, Pennsylvania, PA, 2015.
- American Society of Landscape Architects, Honor Award in General Design, Massachusetts Convention Center Authority’s The Lawn on D, Boston, MA, 2015
- American Society of Landscape Architects Arizona Chapter, Honor Award in Analysis and Planning, Mesa City Center in Mesa, AZ, 2015
- American Society of Landscape Architects Arizona Chapter, Honor Award in Analysis and Planning, Hance Park in Phoenix, AZ, 2015
- American Institute of Architects, Small Project Award, Massachusetts Convention Center Authority’s The Lawn On D, Boston, MA, 2015
- American Planning Association New York, Meritorious Achievement Award, Brooklyn Tech Triangle Strategic Plan, Brooklyn, NY, 2013
- American Planning Association Missouri, Outstanding Planning Award, St. Louis Zoo Expansion Framework Plan, St. Louis, MO, 2013
- American Institute of Architects Honor Award for Regional and Urban Design, Master Plan for the Central Delaware Riverfront, Philadelphia, PA, 2012
- Rudy Bruner Award for Urban Excellence, Silver Medal, Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn, NY, 2011
- Society for College and University Planning Excellence in Planning for a District or Campus Component, Merit Award, The Aga Khan University for the Faculty of Arts and Sciences University Village Land Use Plan, Karachi, Pakistan, 2010
- American Society of Landscape Architects Honor Award, Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn, NY, 2009
- Urban Land Institute Award for Excellence, Daniel Island Redevelopment, Charleston, SC, 2007
- American Institute of Architects Honor Award for Regional and Urban Design, Anacostia Waterfront Initiative Framework Plan, Washington D.C., 2005
- Rudy Bruner Award for Urban Excellence, Silver Medal, New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Newark, NJ, 2001
Image Credit: The Arch1