Talent Coordinator (Contractor)
ABOUT US | HR&A Advisors, Inc. (HR&A) is an employee-owned company advising public, private, non-profit, and philanthropic clients on how to increase opportunity and advance quality of life in cities.
We believe in creating vital places, building more equitable and resilient communities, and improving people’s lives.
From Brooklyn to London, Medellin to Hong Kong, we have guided hundreds of clients in transforming real estate and economic development concepts, and public infrastructure, first into actionable plans then into job-producing, community-strengthening assets.
Our clients include real estate owners and investors, hospitals and universities, cultural institutions and philanthropies, community development organizations, and governments.
HR&A has offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Raleigh, and Washington D.C. We come from diverse backgrounds, have a breadth of lived experience, and share a passion for cities. We are former city officials, executive directors, planners, lawyers, architects, and economists.
THE OPPORTUNITY | We are seeking a part-time temporary Talent Coordinator for 30 hours a week to support HR&A’s People team in our New York City office. The Talent Coordinator will report to the Talent Manager and work closely with various staff members across the firm on project staffing, onboarding initiatives, and Learning and Development. This position will be based in our New York office and will follow a hybrid work schedule of a minimum of two days in the office.
The ideal candidate is interested in Human Resources, Talent Management, and Learning and Development. You have experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic office environment and demonstrated capacity to manage, organize, and multi-task while possessing strong customer service, data entry, and time management skills. You are detailed-oriented and have a learning mindset.
- Assists Talent Managers, in coordination with the Director of HR, in onboarding new employees (i.e., creating welcome packets and assigning mentors).
- Assists Talent Managers in staffing consultants on projects, including sending weekly staffing updates via email and updating weekly utilization and monthly staffing reports using Excel.
- Provides general support and manages administrative tasks (i.e., managing Outlook, sending email messages, calendar and Zoom invites, travel arrangements, supporting in the preparation of documents, presentations, etc.).
- Prepare and send communications, including materials for 30/60/90-day employee check-ins, surveys, and learning and development opportunities.
- Serves as a point-of-contact to employees across the firm regarding project staffing capacity.
- Supports the Director of HR and Talent Managers in ad hoc projects and additional tasks as needed.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED | We seek a candidate who is a highly motivated, responsible individual with a strong capacity to work both independently and collaboratively and who can handle a fast-paced work environment with poise and maturity. You will be able to leverage critical thinking skills to handle complex and confidential information daily in a professional, secure, dependable, and credible manner.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 plus years’ experience in human resources, office administration, or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Experience working in a fast-paced office or professional services environment.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and proactively.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; and ability to learn new systems and software quickly.
COMPENSATION | The hourly salary range for this position is $30-$35/hour. Where an offer falls inside the pay range is dependent on experience. This position is a part-time temporary contractor role for a maximum of three years that works alongside HR&A teams, where employment is via HR&A’s employment partner, Magnit. Magnit offers optional health and wellness benefits, sick days and paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, competitive team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document at https://hraadvisors.applytojob.com/apply/. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications without a cover lever will not be reviewed.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.