Senior Analyst – Public-Private Partnerships
ABOUT US | HR&A Advisors, Inc. (HR&A) is an industry-leading real estate, economic development, and public policy consulting firm that helps create more equitable, resilient, and dynamic communities. Our work turns vision into action through rigorous analysis, strategy development, and implementation planning. HR&A professionals come from a variety of backgrounds; we are former city officials, lawyers, planners, architects, and economists. We are passionate about increasing the vitality of urban life.
HR&A is proud to be an employee-owned company and is committed to building a diverse workforce while centering issues of equity and inclusion in the work that we do. In 2020, we convened an Anti-Racism Task Force to lead the development of internal equity initiatives and strategies to incorporate equity more effectively into our client work; this work is ongoing.
For more information, visit our website at www.hraadvisors.com.
The Broadband and Digital Equity Team at HR&A is focused on empowering communities to shape their broadband future and develop stronger digital equity ecosystems. We recognize that internet infrastructure investments and adoption programs are foundational to more equitable economic development, education, healthcare, and civic life. We work with leaders in all levels of government, civic institutions, community-based organizations, and philanthropy to design and deliver bold system changes that foster broadband equity and digital inclusion. This work is often conducted as part of the Broadband Equity Partnership (www.broadbandequity.org), a partnership that HR&A has with CTC Technology and Energy.
THE ROLE | To support the rapid growth of our advisory and program management work, we are seeking candidates for a Senior Analyst – Public-Private Partnerships role based in our New York, Los Angeles, or Washington, DC office, with flexibility for remote work. Our analytical staff form the foundation of our team-oriented and collaborative structure and help to drive our data-driven approach to closing the digital divide. Senior Analysts are mid-level professionals with 5-8 years of professional experience who own the substance of our client work products.
RESPONSIBILITIES | The Senior Analyst – Public-Private Partnerships will be primarily responsible for developing and analyzing financial models to assess market demand and feasibility of public and private broadband investments and operations, as well as drafting and providing supporting analysis for client engagements focused on public-private partnerships, including drafting relevant bid documents and supporting the evaluation and negotiation of commercial proposals.
Day-to-day tasks range from project to project and often include economic and financial analysis, case study research, project management, strategic planning, stakeholder engagement, and public policy analysis. Senior Analysts also help prepare written reports, presentations in PowerPoint, and Excel models for clients, as well as firm marketing materials and proposals for new projects. Senior Analysts often play a managerial role, directing Research Analysts and Analysts on task assignments and even providing training.
QUALIFICATIONS | Successful candidates will have:
- A clear passion for digital equity, broadband technologies, innovative business models, and systems change in government and economic empowerment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with financial modeling and analysis, ISP/telecom business structures, and public-private partnership models
- Three to eight years of experience in management consulting, investment, or comparable client-facing functions in professional services, or a combination of professional services and other relevant experience in the broadband or economic development industries
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) with a focus on economics, finance, urban planning, business, public policy, real estate, or other closely related fields
- Exceptionally strong quantitative skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership, critical thinking, and creativity
- Experience managing fast-paced, collaborative teams and projects, including scoping, structuring, creating, and reviewing deliverables
- Ability to work across assignments, including managing multiple project workstreams and deadlines
- Familiarity with strategic planning processes, project management tools, and data-driven analytical approaches
- Ability to engage with and earn the trust of local leaders, community leaders, and businesses on complex broadband issues
- Desire to help build the Broadband & Digital Equity team’s consulting and program management practice by leading engagements, training staff, and advancing thought leadership
COMPENSATION | The starting salary for this position is $97,000 – $110,000, plus year-end bonus. We offer competitive compensation packages, based on qualifications and experience. We are an employee-owned company, meaning you will have the opportunity to benefit from the firm’s growth over time through participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan. Each year, the firm will contribute funds to this long-term wealth-building account and may make contributions to other retirement accounts. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package that goes well beyond coverage of 90-95% of healthcare premiums, dental and vision coverage. For more details, visit https://www.hraadvisors.com/career-opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, competitive team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBT community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter here.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com. Please do not call regarding this position.