ABOUT US | HR&A advises public, private, non-profit, and civic clients on how to increase opportunity and improve the quality of life in cities. We believe in creating vital places, building more equitable and resilient communities, and improving people’s lives. HR&A helps clients turn vision into action by analyzing, strategizing, and implementing solutions to solve some of the most complex challenges facing cities today, such as climate change, affordable housing, broadband access, and workforce development.
HR&A has offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Raleigh, and Washington D.C. We are former city officials, non-profit executives, developers, planners, lawyers, architects, and economists from a variety of backgrounds, nationalities, and life experiences.
You can learn more about our work here.
THE ROLE | HR&A is seeking a full-time Recruitment Coordinator. This position is based in New York and will function in a hybrid work environment.
This position will report to the Recruitment Manager and work closely with other members of the People team as well as consulting teams across the six offices.
As Recruitment Coordinator, your primary responsibility will be to support the firm manage the recruitment process for consulting and non-consulting roles. You’ll leverage your in-depth knowledge of internal recruitment, interviewing, and hiring processes. You’ll be helping write and ensure engaging job descriptions and publishing job postings on job boards, career pages, and social media networks. To perform this work well requires being highly organized along with bringing innovative ideas to inform, develop and implement recruitment strategies. Performing well in this role also requires strong communication, organization, and problem-solving skills. You will also be engaging internal stakeholders in recruiting processes, candidates, and university affiliates.
- Drive administration and coordination of a streamlined firmwide recruitment operations strategy
- Support Recruitment Manager in the development and execution of recruitment goals in consideration of firmwide recruitment priorities and business objectives
- Provide administrative, coordination, and thought partnership support around the full lifecycle of recruitment (i.e. candidate pipeline development, job postings, etc.)
- Maintain weekly updates to recruitment and new hire census metric tracking/dashboard
- Oversee general and seasonal recruitment calendars and workflows to ensure smooth recruitment operations
- Support Recruitment Manager to source passive candidates and search resume databases and online resources for potential candidates
- Screen applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements
- Update Hiring Managers and candidates accordingly, throughout all phases of the hiring life-cycle
- Provide administrative and coordination support for seasonal recruitment activities including Campus Recruitment, Internships and Summer Fellowship programs
- Serve as subject matter expert on systems and tools that support recruitment strategies
- Adhere to laws, rules and regulations
- Adhere to personal data privacy regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Conveys verbal and written messages professionally and as appropriate across internal and external audiences.
- Collaborates effectively with the manager and other stakeholders to successfully meet objectives and resolve issues that arise
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proactively provides timely updates to stakeholders
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Can be trusted to carry out assignments as assigned
- Exercises good judgment in carrying out responsibilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn other job-related software as needed
- Self-reflective and responds well to feedback
- Open to learning new skills and approaches to the work
- Brings new ideas and will to share perspectives on how to accomplish firmwide objectives better
COMPENSATION | The starting salary for this position is $66,950 and commensurate with experience. We offer competitive compensation packages, based on qualifications and experience. We are an employee-owned company, meaning you will have the opportunity to benefit from the firm’s growth over time through participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Each year, the firm will contribute funds to this long-term wealth-building account and may make contributions to other retirement accounts. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package that goes well beyond coverage of 90-95% of healthcare premiums, dental and vision coverage.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, competitive team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBT community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document (maximum of 2 pages) at https://hraadvisors.applytojob.com/apply/. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications without a cover lever will not be reviewed.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call regarding this position.