HR & Talent Coordinator
ABOUT US | HR&A is an industry-leading consulting firm that provides strategic advisory services for clients in the public, private, and non-profit sectors focused on solving the most complex challenges facing cities today.
We are former public servants, real estate developers, urban planners, city officials, activists, and economists. We are unique in our ability to create value by integrating disparate disciplines for our clients, and we often lead teams with engineers, architects, lawyers, community organizers, and other specialists. We are a tight-knit team that works across the country and around the world from offices in New York, Dallas, Los Angeles, Raleigh, Atlanta, and Washington, DC.
For more information, visit our website at www.hraadvisors.com.
THE ROLE | HR&A seeks an HR & Talent Coordinator to support HR&A’s people Team in our New York City office. The HR & Talent Coordinator will report to the Director of HR and work closely with various staff members across the firm on HR and onboarding initiatives. This position will be based in our New York office up to four days a week and remote on Fridays.
The ideal candidate is interested in Human Resources Administration (HR compliance, onboarding, employee performance). They have experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic office environment and demonstrated capacity to manage, organize, and multi-task while possessing strong customer service, data entry, and time management skills.
- Assists the Director of HR in onboarding new employees (i.e., sending onboarding emails for various systems, coordinating technology and software distribution, managing and tracking IT inventory and staff assignments in systems, scheduling New Hire training and sessions, etc.)
- Serve as a point-of-contact to employees across the firm on general HR, onboarding, and firmwide initiatives
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Prepares communication and materials for employee 30/60/90-day check-ins and bi-annual employee performance reviews
- Provides support and manages administrative tasks (i.e., managing Outlook, email messages, phone calls, calendar and Zoom invites, travel arrangements, expense reports, and the preparation of documents and presentations, etc.)
- Assists in the planning and execution of special events, such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and office celebrations.
- Supports the Director of HR in ad hoc projects and tasks as needed.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED | We seek a candidate who is a highly motivated, responsible individual with a strong capacity to work independently and collaboratively and who can handle a fast-paced work environment with poise and maturity. This individual will handle complex and confidential information daily in a secure, dependable, and credible manner.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 plus years’ experience in human resources, office administration or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Experience working in a fast-paced office or professional services environment
- Possess excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and proactively.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new systems and software quickly.
COMPENSATION | The salary range for this position is $66,500 – $72,000. We offer competitive compensation packages, based on qualifications and experience. We are an employee-owned company, meaning you will have the opportunity to benefit from the firm’s growth over time through participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Each year, the firm will contribute funds to this long-term wealth-building account and may make contributions to other retirement accounts. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package that goes well beyond coverage of 90-95% of healthcare premiums, dental and vision coverage.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, competitive team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBT community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document (maximum of 2 pages) at https://hraadvisors.applytojob.com/apply/. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications without a cover lever will not be reviewed.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call regarding this position.