ABOUT US | HR&A advises public, private, non-profit, and civic clients on how to increase opportunity and improve the quality of life in cities. We believe in creating vital places, building more equitable and resilient communities, and improving people’s lives. HR&A helps clients turn vision into action by analyzing, strategizing, and implementing solutions to solve some of the most complex challenges facing cities today, such as climate change, affordable housing, broadband access, and workforce development.
HR&A has offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Raleigh, and Washington D.C. We are former city officials, non-profit executives, developers, planners, lawyers, architects, and economists from a variety of backgrounds, nationalities, and life experiences.
You can learn more about our work here.
THE ROLE | HR&A is seeking a Front-End Developer to play a key role in developing and prototyping products for clients that translate urban data into actionable tools.
The ideal candidate has experience with Python or other server-side languages in addition to knowledge of web frameworks and APIs in order to support the development of more complex web-based analytical products such as dashboards, calculators, and interactive maps.
- Develop and design front-end websites and content management systems (CMS) Design user interactions, animations on web pages.
- Conceptualize creative ideas with project teams and plan out sites to ensure they meet goals and requirements;
- Communicate design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes;
- Use content to funnel traffic and develop site navigation plans that create a seamless experience for users;
- Lead product demonstrations and testing to improve design of products;
- Establish design guidelines, standards, and best practices;
- Maintain the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards;
- Maintain website including bug fixes, launch of new content, and periodic updates as needed;
- Implement analytics tracking and produce regular visitation reporting;
- Train junior staff on basic web scraping and Python analytical tasks.
- 2-3 years of front-end web development experience with multiple frameworks.
- Understanding of web fundamentals, web development, and search-engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Figma or Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools preferred.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Proficiency with a server-side language such as Python and web frameworks such as Flask or Django and knowledge of RESTful API’s and web app development preferred.
- Geospatial analytics and web map experience preferred.
COMPENSATION | We offer competitive compensation packages, based on qualifications and experience. We are an employee-owned company, meaning you will have the opportunity to benefit from the firm’s growth over time through participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Each year, the firm will contribute funds to this long-term wealth-building account and may make contributions to other retirement accounts. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package that goes well beyond coverage of 90-95% of healthcare premiums, dental and vision coverage.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, competitive team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter as a single PDF document (maximum of 2 pages) here. Applications without a cover lever will not be reviewed.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Communications”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com. Please do not call regarding this position.