ABOUT US | HR&A advises public, private, non-profit, and civic clients on how to increase opportunity and improve quality of life in cities. We believe in creating vital places, building more equitable and resilient communities, and improving people’s lives. HR&A helps clients turn vision into action by analyzing, strategizing, and implementing solutions to solve some of the most complex challenges facing cities today, such as climate change, affordable housing, broadband access, and workforce development.
HR&A has offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Raleigh, and Washington D.C. We are former city officials, non-profit executives, developers, planners, lawyers, architects, and economists from a variety of backgrounds, nationalities, and life experiences.
You can learn more about our work here.
THE ROLE | HR&A’s Business Analyst is a corporate position on HR&A’s finance and accounting team with a key role in facilitating and enhancing firmwide business analytics, reporting, processes, and policies.
Core functions include leading analysis of key business trends and metrics, drafting financial management reports, and managing/streamlining data platforms (e.g., Salesforce). The Business Analyst reports directly to the Director of Finance and will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer. The role works in close collaboration with senior management from every HR&A office and department to leverage HR&A’s data resources to support and inform critical business decisions.
- Enhance and develop business analytics across departments (accounting, consulting, marketing, talent development, and operations) to support firm’s strategic decision-making capabilities.
- Support HR&A’s Senior Leadership team in internal operations and business planning efforts to help drive revenue growth, profitability, and increased operational efficiency across both the firm’s corporate team and consultant/project teams. This includes supporting the Chief Operating Officer in the preparation of ongoing business operations and financial management reports.
- Manage and streamline knowledge and data platforms, with a primary focus on Salesforce, to ensure accurate data for internal business analytics.
- Manage special analytics projects on behalf of the Executive Core Team.
- Commitment to HRA’s mission and interest in the urban work HR&A does
- 2+ years experience in a professional services firm including consulting, architecture, engineering, accounting, or law or equivalent to demonstrate working knowledge of business drivers.
- Business data analysis, financial or economic model building, and business data platform design
- Managing and administering business data platforms, e.g., Salesforce, and related resource tools
- Leveraging and communicating business data to make practical business decisions, and implementing changes based on those decisions
- High-level Excel expert capable of utilizing various nested formulas and advanced features including power pivots and power queries
- Outstanding communications with a collaborative approach to work
- Data visualization and presentation via PowerPoint, Excel, and various dashboards
- Strong attention to detail, observation, and organization
COMPENSATION | The base salary range for this position is $77,300 – $88,700. We offer competitive compensation packages, based on qualifications and experience. We are an employee-owned company, meaning you will have the opportunity to benefit from the firm’s growth over time through participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Each year, the firm will contribute funds to this long-term wealth-building account and may make contributions to other retirement accounts. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package that goes well beyond coverage of 90-95% of healthcare premiums, dental and vision coverage.
HOW TO APPLY | HR&A is committed to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, competitive team of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of urban life. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document (maximum of 2 pages) online at https://www.hraadvisors.com/careers. Applications without a cover lever will not be reviewed.
We ask that you submit a version of your resume that has your school information removed. There is no need to reformat your resume, and you should leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Communications”). But please remove all undergraduate and graduate school name references. This request is part of our ongoing work to build a hiring system that is free from bias and based on candidate merit and performance in the hiring process.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com. Please do not call regarding this position.