Market and Financial Feasibility Analysis
HR&A provides objective assessments of market and financial feasibility for public and private investments in real estate developments, open space, infrastructure and mass transit.
HR&A’s three decades of experience assessing market and financial feasibility of public and private investments in real estate, open space, infrastructure and mass transit translates into successful outcomes for our clients. Our market and financial feasibility studies:
- Provide robust analysis of real estate market conditions – for the residential, commercial, retail, industrial, cultural and hotel sectors – to inform development strategies and programs for master plans and development projects;
- Support repositioning of existing real estate and infrastructure to anchor new development, including historic train stations, elevated highways, and industrial waterfronts;
- Create retail redevelopment and revitalization strategies, including development of marketing materials and tenant outreach strategies; and
- Identify opportunities for brownfield redevelopment—especially as part of New York State’s Brownfield Opportunities Area program.
HR&A makes use of a wide range of capabilities in order to determine project feasibility.
HR&A analyzes market and financial fundamentals to inform broader strategies that enable new development and revitalize communities. We:
- Assess the opportunities and constraints unique to each project area;
- Research demographics and real estate markets to understand supply and demand trends and target markets;
- Prepare demand analyses, interview stakeholders and industry experts, and research case studies to estimate development potential;
- Develop financial models that quantify the costs and benefits of various development scenarios to help clients make informed decisions;
- Quantify the impact of public and private investments on future market demand and tax revenues; and
- Craft strategies to build on specific market opportunities and capture unmet demand.
- Catalytic Real Estate Development in San Antonio’s Promise Zone
- Center City Strategic Framework
- Energy Efficiency in Commercial Real Estate
- Fulton Center Implementation & Retail Strategy
- Menil Collection Neighborhood Preservation and Development
- Martha Jefferson Hospital
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center
- Philadelphia’s Delaware Waterfront & Penn’s Landing
- Redevelopment Planning for Denver Broadway Station Site
- Strategic Plan to Reposition the Brooklyn Tech Triangle
- Union Depot Redevelopment and Activation
- American Society of Landscape Architects, Award of Excellence in Analysis and Planning, Penn’s Landing Redevelopment Feasibility Study, Philadelphia, PA, 2015
- International Economic Development Council Partnership Award, Cincinnati Center City Development Corporation Creation, Cincinnati, OH, 2009
- Urban Land Institute Award for Excellence, Daniel Island Redevelopment, Charleston, SC, 2007
- American Institute of Architects Honor Award for Regional and Urban Design, Anacostia Waterfront Initiative Framework Plan, Washington D.C., 2005